Mango Julius Recipe

Mango Julius
It’s been more than 3 years since I stopped purchasing mangoes from the market. We wait for the season to peak and buy it straight from the mango farm itself where they let the mangoes to ripe in the tree itself. As they do not follow any artificial means to quicken the ripening process the mangoes not only taste out of the world but the color of the fruit speaks so much for itself. I’ve planned on making the most of this mango season and try out new recipes with the fruit and this drink is the first one in the line.

Remember the vanilla ice cream that I mentioned in the Eggless Strawberry ice Cream. I used that ice cream while making this for the kids and made some more changes while I made it for us. The substitutes did wonders to the already delicious drink. I’m truly in mango heaven....surrounded by the intoxicating aroma from the mangoes at home. Bliss.....


Mango Julius

You’ll need:



Method:

Cut the mangoes at the sides and scoop out the pulp using a spoon. In a blender, powder the sugar. Add the mango pulp, chilled water, chilled milk, vanilla essence and run the blender till smooth.

Finally add the vanilla ice cream and run the mixer just once. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.

Another version: While I followed the above recipe for the kids, I avoided sugar, vanilla ice cream for us and replaced with 1/4 cup of condensed milk. Simply Yummm......


Notes:


This is off to Let’s Cook – Kids Special, Showcase – Fun N Sun, Only Mango, Cool Summer Sips & to CC: Summer Splash

Labels: ,