Eggless Strawberry Ice cream (No Eggs, Cream, Condensed Milk)

Eggless Strawberry Ice cream

 

You read that right. I made this real low calorie ice cream with just 2% milk. A recent spring cleaning of the big shoe box in which I tuck away hastily written recipe notes led me to this recipe. I’m so glad I took the time to do that.  This was written down when a person belonging to a hotel industry was being interviewed in the T.V. This process is followed by many Restaurants  and mass Ice cream manufacturers, so it is completely safe. I also did a double check by searching the Internet just to ensure.

 

 

The only hindrance to me was in getting hold of the ingredients mentioned. It was indeed a surprise when I came across them in the supermarket. These boxes were sitting next to the corn flour and baking powder cartons. I could not believe my eyes. All the while I thought I had no scope of ever getting them no matter how much ever I would scour the city. After coming home I checked it on both myself and Hubby by making a plain vanilla ice cream. It tasted way too good and I was amazed at how well the ice cream set.

 

Now that the kids and their cousins are home, I made a strawberry ice cream made from the crush that I recently made and I need not have to tell you that the kids loved it very much. Hmmm I don’t know which one was difficult, trying to click away when the hot breeze was swiftly melting away the ice cream or the anxious kids waiting around around the set up for their share without giving enough light to click....

 

 

Eggless Strawberry Ice cream

You’ll need:

 


Method:

Pour the milk in a vessel. In a small bowl place corn flour, G.M.S and C.M.C. Pour little milk (3 – 4 tbsp) to this mixture and mix well with a spoon without any lumps.

 

Add this solution to the milk and stir well. Place the milk vessel on the stove, add sugar and let it come to a boil. Keep stirring to avoid the mixture from sticking to the bottom. You can see a little thickening of the milk and it will start to boil well.

 

Adjust the flame to medium and cook further for 5 more minutes stirring. At this stage when you dip a spoon in the milk, the mixture will lightly coat the spoon. Take off from fire and let the mixture cool down completely. Transfer to any freezer proof shallow container and place it in the freezer to set for 5-6 hours.

 

 

Take the set ice cream out after 6 hours and add vanilla essence, strawberry crush and blend well using a hand held mixer or in a blender. Once again pour the blended mixture into the same container and place it in the freezer to set.

 

It should another 3-4 hours to set. Once set, scoop into cups or cones and serve garnished with either fresh sliced strawberries on some crush drizzled over. Lick Away..............Winking smile

 

 

Notes:

 

 

This is off to Let’s Cook ~ Kids Special, CC: Splash into Summer, Showcase:Fun N Sun

Labels: ,