Mushroom & Peas Makhani ~ Rich & Creamy

Mushroom Makhani


Mmmm... and I forgot to add deliciously mouthwatering in the heading. I’m enjoying the new found freedom of having mushrooms any time I want without the fear of allergy hanging over my head.  I just adapted this recipe from the Paneer Makhani  and the result was a yummy dish that was much appreciated by the guests who dropped in to say Hi to my In-Laws. Also as the fresh peas season is about to get over I decided to make the most of it by adding them in all the possible things I cook. Winking smile

 


Mushroom & Peas Makhani

(Print this Recipe)

You’ll need:

For the Makhani Gravy:

 


Method:

Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of oil. Add the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and sauté till the aromas arises. Add the onion, tomatoes, ginger & garlic and sauté over high flame till the tomatoes become mushy. Cool and puree in a blender to thick smooth paste.

 

Heat a cup of water in a vessel. When hot switch off the stove. Add the quartered mushrooms and a pinch of salt to it and close with a lid. Let it rest for 3-5 min. Drain the water and keep the mushrooms aside. Boil the peas till soft and keep it aside.

 

Heat a kadai with 2 tbsp of oil and temper with cumin seeds. When they crackle add the onion and sauté till it turns translucent. Add the ground paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cook closed over low flame for 4-5 mins.

 

Add the garam masala powder, sugar, kasuri methi, 1/4 cup of water and simmer for another 3-4 mins. Now add the boiled peas, blanched mushrooms, cream, salt and bring it a boil.

 

Serve hot topped with more fresh cream and coriander leaves with Rotis or Naan.

 


Notes:

 

This is off to Sangeetha’s Show me your HITS 

 

 

Labels: , ,