Celebrating 200th Post with Chocolate Truffles

I’m marking my 200th post of this space with these elegant and easy to make chocolate truffles. It seems only like yesterday when I posted chocolate halwa to mark the 100th one. So I just wanted to go by the tradition and celebrate this moment too with chocolates.

Chocolate Truffles

Actually I wanted to make a chocolate cake with all the works included but for the past few days I had not been feeling well and the very thought of having to bake a cake and attempting a frosting for the first time did not appeal to my tired mind and body. 

3

So went with these easy to make truffles which I made after coming home from work. If you see some balls with imperfect shapes those are the work of my kids. They actually wanted to help their feverish Mommy so I can’t really blame them. Only thing that makes me sad was that I was unable to fulfill the promise I made them to post a cake for my 200th post but  they were very happy to have anything with chocolate.
 
The only tough time I had was in trying to make them wait till these truffles were being chilled in the fridge. These were so yummy and quite difficult to make out that they were actually made from biscuits.
 
1
Chocolate Truffles

You’ll need:

Marie Biscuits 20
Condensed Milk 5 tbsp
Melted Butter 3 tbsp
Cocoa Powder 2 tbsp
Sugar 2 tbsp
Cashew nuts 1/4 cup
Almonds 1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence 2 tsp

col1

Method:

0906_124627

Powder the biscuits in a mixie jar. Transfer to a bowl. Coarsely pulse the cashew nuts and almonds and transfer to the same bowl.

0906_125804

To the bowl add sugar, cocoa powder and mix everything together.

0906_130310

Add condensed milk, melted butter and vanilla essence and mix well with a spatula and bring together as a dough.

It will be very easy to handle. Shape the dough with your hands into small balls and refrigerate for at least half an hour. The balls will harden well. Keep them refrigerated.

col

For Dusting: You can dust the truffles with icing sugar, chocolate powder, brown sugar, chocolate vermicelli, roughly chopped nuts like cashews, almonds and pistachios etc., Here I have used icing sugar and chocolate powder.

col2

Notes:

If you follow the measurements of the ingredients strictly, you will be able to make firm and perfect truffles. It will not become runny.
You can skip including the nuts while mixing and later roll the truffles over the chopped nuts.
You can shape them into any desired shape of your choice instead of balls.
When arranged in a decorative box neatly this will make for a very good home made gift for any occasion.

Labels: , ,