Chocolate Halwa ~ My 100th Post

I wanted to mark this occasion, my 100th post, with something that I love very much. This was the dessert that I made on New Year’s Day differing from the Gulab Jamoon which has been the norm so far.

This is such a simple, quick, easy and no fuss way to enjoy chocolate at its best. Of all the chocolate recipes this is my favorite. I would like to dedicate this to all the chocoholics and also to my mother who used to prepare this for me when I was a kid and serve me with so much love.



You’ll need:
Condensed milk – 200 gms or ½ tin
Sugar – 4 tbsp
Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Roasted almonds – 2 tbsp

Method:
Combine all the ingredients except roasted almonds in a micro wave safe bowl. Whisk well and Micro at high for 2 mins. Transfer this to a serving bowl and garnish with roasted almonds and serve hot or warm.  Enjoy to your heart’s content.

You can microwave further for 2-3 more minutes where in you will get a chocolate burfi, but it will be more chewy and a bit hard. So go ahead and experiment if you are a chocoholic like me.

And please don’t spoil the enjoyment by following table etiquette by using a spoon to relish this halwa. Let your hair down, dip your finger and lick without shame. You won’t regret it I promise.

This is off to Srivalli’s event featuring chocolate. 
 Delicious Desserts hosted by Ally.
Let's Celebrate Sweets - Chocolate an event started by Nivedita and to 
Food Palette Series Brown

Labels: , , ,