Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake

This year for my better half's birthday I wanted to bake a cake as this would be the first time I will be doing that for his birthday. Even though I was successful with my earlier venture at baking Orange malai Cake I still did not feel confident enough so I tried out one of Tarla Darlal's tried out recipes which I adapted to my requirements. Though I was able to bake this only after 2 days of his birthday as I was not doing well everybody enjoyed it very much.


You’ll need:
Condensed milk - 1/2 can / 200 gms
All purpose flour - 1 cup / 125 grams
Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
Cooking soda – ½ tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Melted butter - 60 ml
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Water – 75 ml
Powdered sugar – 3 to 4 tbsp

Method:
Preheat the oven @ 200◦ C.


Sieve the dry ingredients i.e.) flour, cocoa, baking powder and cooking soda together. Mix the condensed milk, flour mixture, water, vanilla essence and melted butter and whisk thoroughly.


Pour the cake mixture into a greased and dusted baking tray. Bake in a hot oven at 200◦ C (400 degree F) for 20 minutes.


The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch. Cool over a wire rack. Before serving sieve powdered sugar all over the surface of the cake.


This is off to Divya Kudua The Best Chocolate Cake Event.

Labels: , , , ,