Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Smoothie | Easy Oats Recipe

easy oats recipes

This smoothie has become my favorite breakfast for now. This has all the goodness of oats, fruits and the necessary calcium and protein that keeps me filled without making me feel heavy. Usually when I make oatmeal for breakfast, no matter what some gets left over and when I get back home after dropping the kids in school, I’m not sure about you all but the look of the oatmeal is a sticky gooey mass which in short looks “Yuck” to me. This smoothie just happened when I was pondering over how to put that leftover super cold oatmeal to good use, as I did not have the heart to dump it right away into the sink.

breakfast smoothie recipes

Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Smoothie Recipe

Prep time: 10 mins  |  Cook time: Nil  |  Serves: 2
Recipe Cuisine: Continental  |  Recipe Category: Breakfast

Ingredients:

  • Cooked Oatmeal – 1 cup
  • Banana, ripe – 1
  • Yogurt (curd) – 1/4 cup
  • Milk – 3/4 cup
  • Almonds – 8 to 10
  • Sugar – 2 tbsp
  • Ice cubes – as needed

Instructions:

  1. Soak the almonds in little warm water and peel the skin away.
  2. Place the almonds in a mixer jar and grind it coarsely.
  3. Add the other ingredients and blend till smooth.
  4. Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately.
breakfast smoothie recipes

Notes:

  1. Instead of sugar you can also add honey or dates syrup.
  2. Instead of using ice cubes which may make the smoothie thin, you chilled curd and milk.
  3. You can also add a dash of vanilla extract.

This is to Pari’s “Only Oats” and my own event Let's Cook ~ Sweet Somethings

Labels: , , ,