Egg Masala Gravy

When I was asked to give an egg for Arjun by the Doctor daily I started with boiled ones. I was quite happy that he took to it as we are all vegetarians in the family. Soon he started to feel bored because of the routine and began pushing it away.

I had to try omelets this time and I was quite scared to break them to do it and I still do.  I hate the smell from the pan when I have to use it again after making an omelet. It sucks really. So I started playing around with dishes that used boiled eggs. Here is one such recipe which can be made in a jiffy and also quite helpful when you have run out of vegetables.


You’ll Need:


Method:
Hard boil the eggs. Remove the shells and halve them. Grind onion, tomato, green chillies, ginger and garlic to a fine paste without adding any water.

In a pan heat the oil and add the ground masala paste and sauté till the raw smell disappears. Add the dry powders and salt at this stage and little water if necessary and cook till the oil separates from the masala.

Add the halved eggs to the gravy and cook for a minute. Transfer to the serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves. This went very well with chappatis and rice too.

This is off to Akila's Dish Name starts with E

Labels: , ,