Chocolate Cup Cakes

It has been more than 4 months since I baked let alone cook. My knee was posing a big problem after the accident and I had been unable to stand for more than 10  minutes at length. After under going physiotherapy now I am able to manage for more than half an hour. 


My kids had been asking me to bake something for the New Year itself but then I couldn't  find all the accessories that went into baking as many months have passed. Finally I got it all organised and I baked these cup cakes yesterday so that they could take them for school snacks.

You’ll need:
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
Eggs - 2
Butter – 1 cup
Castor sugar – 1 cup
Lemon essence – ½ tsp
For the topping:
Cashew pieces – 1 tbsp

Method
Preheat oven to 200 C. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa together. Beat the eggs.  Cream the butter and sugar well.

When the mixture is slight and creamy, add a little beaten egg and go on beating. If the mixture curdles while adding the eggs, add a little flour before adding the egg.  Finally fold in the flour and a little milk to get dropping consistency.  Add the lemon essence and mix well. 

Spoon in the mixture up to three fourths in tiny paper cups. Sprinkle the cashew pieces on top of the mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 200 C.  Cool the cakes and serve during tea time or with a tall glass of milk for break fast or send them in your kids snacks box for their school.

I replace lemon essence with vanilla essence and it went very well along with the chocolate flavor. I am sending this over to Srivalli's event featuring chocolate.

Labels: , , , ,