Watermelon can easily be your best friend for Summer. These Watermelon Slushies
are the best way to enjoy the fruit too. Astonishingly refreshing and chilling at the same time. These won’t have the creamy goodness of the Cantaloupe Slushies
but will definitely quench your thirst and help you beat the heat in style.
I wanted to make a granita but the repetition of freezing and poking the frozen juice slab made me think twice and this slushies can easily be called as the closest sister to Granita. It entails less work but gives you the satisfaction of having enjoyed a granita at a much lesser time without all the time and effort that goes into making one.
Watermelon Slushies Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: Nil | Serves: 2
Recipe Cuisine: Continental | Recipe Category: Beverages
- Watermelon, deseeded & cubed – 3 cups
- Ice cubes – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Lemon – 1
- Mint sprigs – for garnish (optional)
- Place sugar in the blender and powder it first.
- Add watermelon, ice cubes and the juice squeezed from the lemon and blend well.
- Pour into tall glasses and place the mint sprigs on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Adjust the sugar according to your taste.
- Do not skip the lemon as it enhances the taste.
Labels: Fruit Juices, Fruit: Watermelon, Gluten Free, Summer Fun, Vegan Recipes