This Vegan Chocolate Mousse is probably one of the most healthiest, elegant, egg less dessert recipe that you can have up your sleeve to surprise your guests and it takes literally no time at all to make and enjoy. I'm totally in love with Avocado which is really surprising as I never had any taste for anything that is so shockingly bland and this fruit is exactly one, in my opinion. I mean, come on a fruit can taste anything but bland, how’s that even possible but that is exactly what makes an Avocado a prime candidate to use in desserts to make it healthy as it adapts to the recipe and totally blends with it.
And team it up with Chocolate in holy matrimony and what you have is a delicious couple as a Dessert. With absolutely nil cooking time, spooning the deliciously creamy mousse into your mouth itself is a gastronomic experience that I would willing do it for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: Nil | Serves: 2
Recipe Cuisine: Continental | Recipe Category: Desserts
- Avocado, ripe – 1
- Tender Coconut (the white fruit part) – 1/4 cup
- Cocoa Powder – 3 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Place the sugar in a mixer jar or food processor and powder it.
- Cut the avocado into two, remove the seed and scoop out the fruit. Transfer to the same mixer jar.
- Add the tender coconut, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and process till smooth.
- Transfer to individual bowls and chill for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Serve immediately with either sprinkles or roasted nuts on top.
- While using tender coconut make sure its soft and supple. If its a bit hard, use little tender coconut water or even coconut milk to grind to a smooth puree.
- If you do not have either, use milk.
- Adjust the quantity of the sugar according to your taste.
Labels: Chocolate, Desserts, Fruit: Avocado, Gluten Free, Vegan Recipes