Beach style Masala Kara Pori is a fantastic snack that is loaded with healthy ingredients which also happens to be a zero oil low calorie snack which you can indulge in without any regret. They serve this in beaches and now-a-days also near schools where the kids throng as they sell quickly. As the little kid at home is a big fan of pori, I always have a pack at home and recently when MIL came she brought raw peanuts with her and I made this impromptu snack one fine evening. It can be very be served as a salad as well.
Unlike this Kara Pori
recipe that I already have in my blog which can be made and stored for days at stretch, this beach style kara pori cannot be stored and should be served immediately upon making too enjoy its crunchiness.
Beach Style Masala Kara Pori Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Snacks
- Pori / Murmura (Rice Krispies) – 1 cup
- Raw Peanuts – 3/4 cup
- Carrot – 1
- Onion –1
- Tomato - 1
- Cucumber – 1
- Raw Mango, chopped – 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Chaat masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon – 1 half
- Salt – to taste
- Pressure cook raw peanuts in enough water with 2 pinch salt till soft preferably for 2 whistles. Drain into a colander and discard the water.
- Chop onion, carrot, cucumber finely. Cut the tomato in half and chop finely after scooping out the seeds.
- In a wide mixing bowl, add the pori / murmura, red chili powder and toss well.
- In another bowl, take the chopped vegetables, boiled peanuts, coriander leaves, salt, chaat masala powder, squeeze in lemon and toss well to mix.
- Add this vegetable mixture to the wide mixing bowl with Pori and mix well with a spatula.
- Serve immediately.
- Do not keep this kara pori for a long time after preparing as the veggies will start leaving off water which will make the pori become soggy.
- You can make ahead by chopping the vegetables and refrigerating it and boiling the peanuts before hand and just mix everything before you plan to serve.
Technorati Tags: zero oil snacks,beach style kara pori,pori recipes,snacks using pori,kid friendly recipes,murmura recipes,recipes using rice krispies,low calorie snack recipes,gluten free recipes,vegan recipes,easy snacks recipes,street food recipes
Labels: Gluten Free, Snacks, Street Food, Vegan Recipes