Avocado, now what I can say other than that its also called as Butter Fruit. This is the first time I’m getting hold of it and what’s with so much hulla bulla about do’s and how to’s about picking just the right fruit, can I be blamed for staying off it for so long?
When I tasted the first piece I was reminded of coconut. Have you ever tasted the coconut while its just forming inside the small flower. The coconut then appears no bigger than a black pepper but the color being off white. This popsicle is a concoction of the kid at home which he tried with whatever I had in the pantry and oh boy I just loved it. It was so creamy and smelled of coconut and tasted tropical on a stick.
I had some left over coconut milk that I had after using it for appam, so I used it instead of regular milk. My only regret was I did not use sugar. I thought the chocolate in the peanut butte and the sweetness of the coconut milk would be enough but it obviously was not. So in the recipe I have added the sugar which can be adjusted to your taste.
Avocado Chocolate Peanut Butter Popsicles Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: Nil | Setting time: 4-5 hours | Makes: 2
Recipe Cuisine: Continental | Recipe Category: Desserts
- Cut the avocado into two and remove the seed. Scoop out the flesh of the fruit and place it in a blender.
- Add chocolate peanut butter, coconut milk, sugar (if using) and blend well.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze for 4-5 hours.
- When set unmould the popsicles by placing them in water for 1-2 minute, remove the popsicle and serve immediately.
- If you do not have chocolate peanut butter, then go ahead and use plain peanut butter.
- Feel free to use milk in place of coconut milk.
- I did not use the stick as I the mould itself had the stick attached to it.
Labels: Fruit: Avocado, Gluten Free, Summer Fun, Vegan Recipes