This Macaroni Pasta cooked in vegan roasted red bell pepper sauce
was mildly spicy, creamy and filling all at the same time. Its definitely a kid’s delight and is perfect if you are planning for a continental dinner or for the kids evening snack and its even suitable to be packed in your kids lunch box provided they do not mind eating a cold pasta dish but with cheese I’m sure they will absolutely overlook that small thing.
Pasta is a recent love of my kids and I’m sure its by seeing other kids eat pasta at school. No matter what slowly I’m trying out new recipes with pasta. I love this sauce so much that I always have it stocked up in the fridge as it stays well for a week.
I have not added cream to the pasta dish and despite that it turned out saucy as you can see for yourself. Also I have skipped adding cheese to my serving but added it to individual bowls while serving the kids. So if you skip the cheese, its totally a vegan pasta recipe.
As the red bell peppers are rich in anti oxidants, I’m sure you definitely do not need an excuse to eat this red bell pepper pasta which is definitely different from the monotonous pasta with tomato sauce and what more if you have the sauce at hand like I do making this pasta only takes less than 15 mins. So, go cook and enjoy…..
Pasta in Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 3
Recipe Cuisine: Italian | Recipe Category: Main
- Macaroni Pasta – 200 gms
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce – 1/2 cup
- Red chili flakes – 1 tsp
- Italian Seasoning or Mixed Herbs – 3/4 tsp
- Cheese, grated – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Bring 5 to 6 cups of water to a rolling boil in a wide saucepan. Add the pasta and let it cook till Al dente or simply follow the instructions given in the pack of the pasta.
- Once cooked tip the contents into a colander. Reserve 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cooked pasta water.
- Heat a pan and add the bell pepper pasta sauce, cooked pasta water, Italian seasoning, salt and mix well and let the sauce come to a boil.
- Add the drained pasta and cook for 2 mins while tossing it, till the pasta comes together and becomes thick. Take off fire and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle red chili flakes, grated cheese on top (if using), toss well and serve piping hot.
- You can use any variety of pasta.
- Instead of using cooked pasta water, you can also use vegetable stock if you have at hand as it will be even more flavorful.
- I transferred pasta to individual serving bowls and added grated cheese on top and mixed it and served it to kids.
- If you do not have chili flakes, then add 1/2 tsp of red chili powder in step – 3.
- Use any type of cheese you have at hand and you can also skip adding it for healthy reasons.
Labels: Lunch Box Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Snacks, Vegan Recipes