Sandwiches are a lot of fun to make as you can always stuff them with different filling that you can come up with. They are easy to pack for the kids either for their lunch or snacks box. Buying a griller and toaster was on the cards for a long time as my kids eat a lot of bread and I was sure buying one will not be a waste at all. This sandwich is the first one that I tried my hands on. My elder one’s school sell Bread Chana and he was raving so much about it. A month ago when I went to pick him up, he asked me to buy it both for him and his brother.
Though I bought it for them, my intention was to actually look at the condition of the cafeteria. And I must say that they maintained it so well and it was hygienic too. And like he said it tasted so delicious. When I made the same thing at home, something was missing and I thought it was because I made it on a tawa on stove top. 2 more attempts during last month and I finally nailed it. So here’s the recipe…
Chana Masala Sandwich Recipe
Prep time: 2 mins | Cook time: 5 mins | Serves: 2
Cuisine: Indian | Category: Breakfast
- Sweet Bread slices – 4
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Mixed fruit jam – 4 tbsp
- Chana Masala – 3/4 cup
- Butter one side of all the bread slices.
- Apply a thick coat of mixed fruit jam on the other side (the unbuttered side) of all the bread slices.
- Preheat the toaster. Place the bread slice on a plate with the buttered side facing down and the jam applied side facing you (up). Slather a good amount of Chana masala on top the jam.
- Cover with the jam applied side of the bread slice facing down and with the buttered side facing up.
- Place it on the toaster and close the lid. Toast for 2-3 minutes till browned all over or even more if you want your sandwich to be more crisp and crunchy.
- Cut along the dent with a sharp knife and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- You can use either white or whole wheat bread slices for making this sandwich.
- Do not use salt bread for making this sandwich.
- I did not remove the brown sides of the bread. But trim the sides if you do not like it.
- Mixed fruit jam works best for this sandwich.
- If you want it to make completely vegan, apply oil instead of butter.
- Before grilling you can also top it with cheese, if making for the kids.
Technorati Tags: chana masala sandwich recipe
,how to make chana masala sandwich
,how to make sandwich
,vegetarian sandwich recipes
,indian sandwich recipes
,easy sandwich recipes for kids
,veg sandwich recipes
,grilled sandwich recipes
,chickpeas sandwich recipe
,easy breakfast recipes with bread
,indian recipes with bread
,snacks recipes with bread
Labels: Breakfast Recipes, Lunch Box Recipes, Palooza In A Pan, Snacks, Vegan Recipes