This Pasta and Egg salad can make a wholesome and nutritious meal both for the kids and adults. A life saver recipe when you are not in the mood to cook a full fledged meal that entails a whole lot of ingredients but still the one that leaves your tummy full and satisfied. This macaroni egg salad recipe is creamy and rich, yet low in fat and calories that is also quite healthy for you. You can also spread this salad on bread and serve it as a sandwich and I’m sure the kids would really love it when they open up their lunch box. A must have salad recipe for potlucks and picnics.
For this month’s Palooza in a Pan
, we decided to whip up Salads, which is definitely not my fort, but still I wished to introduce more of them into my kids diet and make them realize the health benefits of salads. Also making salads is a one of the cooking tasks in which you can involve your kids safely.
I cooked the pasta and egg for this recipe and its my elder one who did all the other work. As I do not eat eggs, both the kids cleared up the entire preparation and loved it.
Macaroni Pasta and Egg Salad Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 2
Cuisine: Continental | Category: Salads
- Macaroni Pasta – 100 gms
- Eggless Mayonnaise – 3 tbsp
- Yogurt (curd) – 1/4 cup
- Hard Boiled Egg – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions given in the cover. Drain water and keep aside.
- Separate the boiled yolk, crumble it and keep aside. Use the egg white for some other recipe. We will only need the yolk.
- In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, yogurt, crumbled egg yolk, salt, pepper and whisk well with a balloon whisk till its creamy and thick.
- Add the cooked pasta to this dressing and mix well. Check for salt and pepper and add more if needed.
- Transfer to the serving plate. Garnish with finely chopped parsley or spring onions and serve immediately.
- If you wish to serve the salad cold, use refrigerated yogurt and Mayo and serve immediately.
- Along with seasonings, you can also add Italian herbs for flavoring.
Labels: Egg Recipes, Palooza In A Pan, Pasta Recipes, Salads/Raithas