Shaken, not Stirred. Does this phrase ring any bell? This is how James Bond wishes his drink Martini, to be served. I’m an ardent fan of Bond series and especially of Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery as James Bond and the before mentioned catch phrase has become so popular for its cliché value. While I do not drink any spirits and do not know about the science behind the choice and what difference it makes to the drink, I have always wanted to make a non alcoholic beverage following the very phrase and find out the difference in taste. This Grape Fizz while not shaken was enough to give me the much needed fizz.
Prep time: 10 mins | Serves: 2
- Black Grapes – 100 gms
- Lemon slices – 2
- Powdered Sugar – to taste
- Club Soda – to mix
- Ice cubes – to serve
1. In a blender, place the grapes and run it. Extract the thick pulp and keep aside.
2. In a small bowl, place the grape juice extract, powdered sugar to taste, a lemon slice and muddle it together.
3. Fill the serving glass with ice cubes and pour the muddled mixture till the glass is half full.
4. Top with club soda and serve immediately.
1. You can also use grape juice concentrate instead of fresh juice.
2. You can replace club soda with sparkling water.
3. If you do not wish to muddle the contents just blend everything together and serve cold.
Labels: Drinks, Fruit: Grapes, The Groovy Gourmets