Lychee / Litchi is a fruit grown in China and South East Asia that belongs to the soap nut family which happens to be rich in Vitamin C. Eating 9 lychee fruits a day, fulfills an adult’s requirement of their daily dose of Vitamin C says Wikipedia. But I hate this fruit like anything and never buy it at all. There is a reason why I never ask Hubby to go for grocery shopping because he has a habit of picking up things at random off the shelves and also has a knack for buying things that goes into the category of “not liked by all” at home. One such random purchase is a big carton of Lychee juice last week during his outings.
If I thought that the kids at home would help themselves to a liberal helping and empty the carton for me, I was let down badly by the vigorous shake of their heads when served. So instead of giving them the plain juice from the carton made them into a sparkler / lemonade for them and it turned out to be a wonderful thirst quencher on the hot and humid day.
Lychee Sparkler Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: Nil | Makes: 4 Glasses
Cuisine: American | Category: Beverages
- Lychee / Litchi Juice – 1 carton
- Sugar – 8 – 10 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – Juice of 1 lemon
- Mint leaves – 1 handful
- Club soda / Chilled water – 200 ml
- Ice cubes – to serve
- Powder sugar in a mixie jar and before taking it off, add the mint leaves and pulse just once to crush the leaves to release their essence and flavor. Transfer to a pitcher.
- Add lemon juice and lychee fruit juice and mix well. Finally add in club soda / chilled water and stir well.
- Fill glasses up to half with ice cubes. Pour the sparkler / lemonade over the ice cubes. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Labels: Drinks, Fruit Juices