A few days ago both myself and my friend went on a shopping spree and the day we chose happened to be the most hottest day on record of this year’s Summer. More than the shopping we did, we stopped at several shops selling fruit juices as the heat was just unbearable. I was so glad that we both left our kids at home. Even imagining, handling both the kids and the baggages in that unbearable hot weather makes me feel faint.
Of all the things we both gulped down on that day, the Slush was my most favorite. It was so soothing and I really kept craving for it. Finally made it last week and still the craving continues not only for me but for my kids as well as they both fell in love with this Cantaloupe Slush. I have been begged and threatened to make it on all the days for the rest of their summer holidays.
You can enjoy it either as a mid day frozen treat or as a healthy after meal dessert
as either way it would make an ideal treat on a hot summer day.
Cantaloupe Slush Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: Nil | Serves: 3
Recipe Cuisine: Continental | Recipe Category: Dessert
- Cantaloupe, cubed – 2 cups
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Sugar / Honey – to taste
- Ice cubes – 2 cups
- In a blender, place all the ingredients and pulse at regular intervals till they become mushy.
- Transfer to a container and place it in the freezer for 15-30 minutes. It would have set partly by now. Fluff with a fork.
- Spoon into individual glasses or bowls and serve immediately.
- You can use any or a combination of fruits like banana, chikoos, ice apples, mango, strawberries etc., In short any soft and mushy fruit would be ideal.
- If you want to serve immediately, you can also freeze the fruits before hand.
Labels: Desserts, Drinks, Fruit Juices, Fruit: Muskmelon/Cantaloupe, Vegan Recipes