To tell that I loved baking these cookies would be an understatement. I felt like a kid while watching these cookies develop the fissures on them. I just could not move away from the oven at all. This is the first time I’m baking these cookies and my first experience was just awesome. This is one of the most easy-peasy cookie that you can put together. I had no idea how these were going to taste and I was totally surprised when the cookie had a cakey bite to it.
As I already have a Christmas Fruit cake
and an eggless version
of the same, I wanted to use this festive season by baking lots of different cookies
. I thought that this little space could do with some cookies. I had bookmarked these cookies from simply recipes
and for the 10 minutes of preparation these cookies take to put together, these were just heavenly and chocolateeeeey.... Trust me and give it a try and I promise that you will love gorging on them as much as you do baking them.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Prep time: 10 mins | Resting time: Overnight | Bake time: 15 mins | Makes: 20
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Instant Espresso powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
1. In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and keep aside.
2. Beat together cocoa powder, sugar and oil in a bowl till it form a black sticky mass. You can do this by hand mixer but I just did it manually with a balloon whisk.
4. Add egg one at a time and beating well to incorporate after each addition.
5. Beat in instant espresso powder and vanilla essence.
6. Add the flour mixture to the liquid ingredients and mix well with a spatula until incorporated. Do not overdo it.
7. The dough will be super sticky. Cover the bowl with a lid and chill it overnight or for at least 4 hours in the Refrigerator. ( I left it in the fridge overnight).
8. Make small balls from the dough and keep it ready.
9. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C or 350 Deg F
10. Take the powdered sugar in a bowl and roll the balls in the sugar ensuring they are well coated and fully covered with the powdered sugar.
11. Place the balls on a greased baking tray leaving 2 inch gap between them and bake for 15 minutes.
12. Take out the tray and let it cook on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
13. Store in an airtight container.