Life is total bliss when you wind up with a cookie to have with your favorite cuppa... It gets even better if the cookie happens to be an all time favorite chocolate chip cookie. I had made this long back but unfortunately the pen drive in which I had asked Hubby dear to copy them down was lost when he took away my laptop. Though I love baking cookies, having a small oven can be a big problem as you have to bake in batches which I totally hate.
Though my kids do not drink plain milk as it is they make an exception when I pass them on some of these cookies to have with a glass of cold milk. No complaints and lots of love is what you get in return.
So perfect to be had for breakfast or to pack for the kids snacks box. These cookies are so ideal. They also make a good and frugal homemade gift option be it for the kids teachers or during Christmas season. Just pack them in pretty boxes, add a beautiful bow and there you are done.
Now off to the recipe..........
Cream butter and brown sugar together.
Sieve the dry ingredients together and add add chocolate chips to it.
Add vanilla essence to the wet mixture and mix. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and form a loose dough.
Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 15 – 20 minutes. Make ping pong sized balls and flatten them slightly.
Roll over chocolate chips. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 mins or till done and enjoy.
Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
5 Minutes Bake Time:
15 – 20 Minutes Total Time:
25 Minutes Makes:
15 Cookies Shelf Life:
1 week Ingredients:
- Whole wheat flour – 180 gms
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 100 gms
- Brown sugar – 100 gms
- Cocoa powder – 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Chocolate Chips – 5 tbsp (divided)
1. Place butter and brown sugar in a bowl and cream them together till the sugar softens with a spatula. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
2. Sieve together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder together in a bowl. Add 4 tbsp of chocolate chip to the flour and mix well.
3. Add vanilla essence to the butter-sugar mixture and mix well. Add the sieved flour mixture too and mix well with a spatula till there are no visible dry ingredients.
4. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 15 – 20 minutes. Make ping pong sized balls and place them on a greased sheet or a baking tray.
5. Now spread the remaining chocolate chips on a plate. Press the balls slightly between your palms and flatten them. Press each cookie onto the chips and once again place them on the baking tray leaving enough space between them. Once again place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes.
6. Bake in the pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes @ 180 Degrees Celsius. Take the tray out and cool them on the tray itself for 5 minutes. Store in an air tight container.
The given ratio of butter and flour will be enough to form the dough. In case the dough does not form add 2-3 tsp of milk to the mixture.
Place the shaped cookies in the freezer if you do not want flattened cookies. The dough will be able to hold its shape well while baking if placed in the freezer.
In case you do not have brown sugar at hand use regular sugar. But you will not be able to get the dark brown color.
You can replace all purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.