Orange Papaya Passion

Orange Papaya Passion

 

What a physically challenging fortnight this had been? Never in all the years before had I encountered such a severe water scarcity problem. All the bore wells and wells dried up in our area and I solely had to rely on water supplied by the tanker lorries which never maintains any timing and come and go as they please. Hmmm... carrying 10-12 water buckets and pots to my 2nd floor apartment proved not only difficult but too tiring as well. I would never wish it even on my worst enemy. As a result my right knee which is still giving me problems even after 3 years since the accident became worse due to the weight I put on it and let me not forget to mention the sprained back and lifeless fingers. Even typing this post is proving to be very difficult.

 

 

My friend Jen helped me a lot during this time by agreeing to pick up Arjun from school and drop him home in the afternoon and during one such visit she made this drink for me. This drink turned out to be an excellent thirst quencher.  I love the fact that this drink is packed with Vitamin A, which you can have even for your breakfast which is what I did these past few days when I was hard pressed for time.

 

 

Orange Papaya Passion     

Print this Recipe


Prep Time: 5 Minutes                                            Serves: 4
Cook Time:  Nil                                                    
Total Time:  10 Minutes

 

A fizzy Orange drink with papaya & carrots to beat the heat.

Ingredients:

Instructions:

1. Wash and peel the skin of papaya and cube them. Keep aside.

2. Grate the carrots and keep aside.

3. Place both the carrots and papaya along with sugar and grind it coarsely by adding 2-3 tbsp of water.

4. Add the carbonated orange drink and once again blend well till all the ingredients are mixed well.

5. Pour directly into tall glasses over the ice cubes.

6. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve immediately.


 

 

Notes:

Labels: , , , ,