Eggless Mango Cake / Mango Loaf Cake / Eggless Mango Bread

Eggless Mango Cake

 

I‘m not sure whether to call it a bread or a cake. While the texture is that of a bread the taste is like a cake. Last year I missed baking cake while the mangoes were in season but this time I did not want to miss it. So it was only fitting to bake a mango cake from the freshly picked ripe mangoes my SIL brought home when she visited me. As she hates travelling, she visits me very rarely and during those rare visits she loves to watch baking as she is very much fascinated with the science of it.  I decided to make this eggless as she does not eat eggs. In fact this one tasted so similar like the Carrot cake. I adapted this cake from the Choco chip nut cake.

 

 

Following the same method you can use eggs also. Also this cake tasted simply wonderful the next day. I stored the slices in the refrigerator. And yes it will harden but a few seconds in the microwave was enough to bring it back to life and trust me you will not have the heart to leave the kitchen while this cake bakes. The aroma is so heavenly.

 

 

Eggless Mango Bread / Mango Loaf Cake

You’ll need:

 

 

Method:

 

Preheat the oven at 180 Degrees C. As I used a non stick bread / loaf pan I did not grease and flour else do it and keep it ready.

 

Sieve together flour, baking soda, baking powder and keep it aside.

 

Cut the mango on both the sides of the nut and scoop the pulp with the help of a spoon. In a mixie jar, pulse the cashew nuts coarsely and keep aside. In the same jar place the sugar and cardamom seeds (discard the skin) and grind to a powder.

 

DSCN4946

 

Add the mango pulp and pulse a few times till the mixture appears smooth. Now add milk, oil and pulse once more till all are mixed properly.

 

Transfer the pulp mixture to a bowl. Add the flour mixture in batches while mixing all the while to avoid any lumps. Add the coarsely ground cashew nuts and mix once. Finally add the chocolate chips if using and give it a final stir.

 

Transfer the thick batter into the readily kept loaf pan and place a few chopped cashew nuts on top if preferred like I did and shove into the oven. Bake for 45-50 min or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.

 

Let it cool in the pan for 5 mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool well. Slice and serve as it is or with some chocolate and sauce or sweetened cream.

 

I sliced half the cake without giving enough cooling time as the kids wanted to taste it immediately so the slices may appear uneven but when I cut the other half the next day it was just perfect and tasted even more delicious.

 

 

Notes:

 

 

This is off to Let’s Cook – Kids Special

Labels: , , , ,