Banana Cinnamon Scones | Eggless & Butter less

Banana Cinnamon Scones
Hello Friends, Can’t believe that we, The Gourmet Seven have completed 3 months and stepping successfully into the 4th month and guess what for this month we chose English Breakfasts. My, If I had thought that the people of the West ate just cereals and eggs for their breakfast, I was really astonished to see so many recipes that they make for breakfasts. I chose Scones from the results that our search engine friend Google revealed. My early memories of scones were of reading them in “The Famous Five” stories by “Enid Blyton” where in the kids would pack these off  for their picnics. 


Since then I had always thought they were some thing fancy until I realized they were our very own biscuits. Though I made Bed & Breakfast scones for this month, I do not have access to my laptop in which those pictures are stuck which I will share later on. So I made these Banana Scones when I chanced upon them here. There were a lot of mixed reviews which helped me to decide on the exact way that I wanted the scones to turn out. These are so damn easy to make and would be a delight to gorge on whether it is for breakfast or as an evening tea time snack.


Banana Cinnamon Scones

You’ll need:




Method:
Preheat the over at 180 Degrees Celsius.

Whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder, sugar in a bowl.  Drizzle the oil and work into the flour with your finger tips till it resembles bread crumbs.

In another bowl place the banana, milk, yogurt and mash them all together well. Add the flour mixture into the mashed banana mixture and bring it all together till it resembles a loose dough.


Place a wax sheet on a plate and transfer the dough onto the sheet and pat into a circle with your fingers to 1 inch thick. Close it with another inverted plate and keep it in the freezer for 1/2 hour. Remove the plate and cut into wedges slightly pulling them apart like shown in the picture above.

Transfer the sheet to a baking tray and bake it in the pre heated oven for 30-35 min or till it is firm to the touch.

Take the tray from the oven and let it cool completely. Cut with a sharp knife along the wedges already made and they will easily come off. Enjoy if over breakfast with a cup of steaming tea.



Notes:


The Gourmet Seven

This is off to The Gourmet Seven and I’m quite sure you would also like to check out what the other Gourmets are rustling up. Do hop off and check out Anusha, Anamika, Kaveri, Sangeetha, Vardhini and Veena.

Labels: , , , , ,