Chilli Egg / Chinese Egg Stir Fry

Chilli Egg
This stir fried egg recipe is an experimental hit which is adapted from the chilli paneer recipe to fulfill my kids wish to have eggs the Chinese way. This is very quick to put up and will go very well with Chinese Vegetable fried rice or any variety rice for that sake. As I could prepare any egg dish only on the weekends as my kids have been banned to bring egg dishes by their schools, this made a nice change from the regular and monotonous omelets.


Moreover it is made of hard boiled eggs is an added plus for me. I do not like making omelets as the stink from the tawa while heating it the next time always makes me so nauseous no matter how well I clean it up.Sad smile If any of you have a solution to this, I would be very happy if you could share it with me. So I prefer using eggs, boiled in recipes apart from having to beat them up in baking and find ways to avoid having to break them open and use it for cooking. I’m yet to be convinced that eggs are no longer considered as a non-vegetarian ingredient.

Chilli Egg / Chinese Egg Stir Fry

You’ll need:


Method:
Remove the shells from the eggs and slit them lengthwise. Break the green chillies into two. Cube the onion and capsicum.

Heat oil in a kadai. Add the onion and sauté for till it becomes soft. Add the green chillies, capsicum and aji-no-moto and sauté over high flame for a min. The vegetables have to remain crunchy.

Now add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, chilli sauce and toss well. Finally add the slit eggs, salt and pepper powder and toss again till the eggs are coated with the sauces and pepper.

Garnish with coriander leaves / Spring onion greens and serve hot.

Notes:

Labels: , , ,