Oatmeal Raisin Cookies | Step by Step Recipe

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
It was love at first sight or I must say taste. I became rather addicted to these wonderful health loaded cookies ever since I had them. I had baked these so many times but it never lasted for me to manage a few clicks. I usually make just a single batch, as I hate baking in batches. This time I made a huge batch as the kids requested or rather demanded. So I added what all I could to make it more healthy and nutritious. They turned out to be just the way I liked, sort of crisp around the corners and soft & chewy in the center which tasted perfect with a glass of milk, in short wholesome goodness.
 

The local bakery just had the basic Oats Cookies which I had already posted. I chanced upon this recipe in a book at a friend’s house and made a mental note of it and finally got down to making it. This is also my kind of breakfast and happened to make a good snack item for the kids to pack for school and what more this is so damn easy to bake and you don’t have to take out your electric mixer for this one.


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

(Adapted from Paula Dean)
You’ll need:


Method:
Preheat the oven at 180 Degrees C. Grease a baking tray and keep it ready.
 
Melt the butter in a vessel. Add both the sugars and mix well. Keep aside to let it cool down completely.
 
Sieve together all purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon together. To this mix in the oats and keep aside. Beat egg in a bowl and beat well.
 
To the butte and sugar mixture add beaten eggs, vanilla essence and stir once. Now add the flour & oats mixture little by little and mix into a dough with a spatula.
 
Now add raisins and assorted nuts if using. I used chopped cashews, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, chocolate chips & Black currants. Mix well and keep the vessel in the freezer for 10 mins. Make small balls and place on the baking tray leaving gap between them as the dough will spread out while baking and they will stick with each other if gap is not there. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 min.
 
As I a used a Non-stick tray, I did not grease the tray. After done keep the tray in the oven itself for 1-2 min. The cookies will come off by themselves. Do not over bake it if they appear undone. They will be okay if you let it come to room temperature. The first batch took me 20 min and the subsequent batches got done in 12 mins.
 
Notes:
 
 
This is off to Let’s Cook #12 ~ Sweet Somethings, I Love Baking #1, Show me your HITS, Only Oats, Cookies & Desserts
 
Technorati Tags: ,

Labels: , , , , ,