I hope that you all had a happy beginning to the year. We have stepped into a new year, a brand new month and January being very special, as we shall also be celebrating the new tamil month of "Thai" and also we get to celebrate the harvest festival "Pongal
" to celebrate the Sun God for the kindness He showers upon us in this month. Rice being the staple crop of South India is harvested during this month and this festival is considered very important by the Farmers.
So this month we are going to celebrate "Rice" in the Let's Cook Series.
Now to some rules to participate in this event:
- Cook and post a recipe with "Rice" as the main ingredient in your blog linking it to this announcement.
- You can also use brown rice, broken rice, rice flour, puffed rice, rice flakes etc., as long as it is the main ingredient.
- You can use any method of cooking.
- Your recipe can belong to any course varying from starters/snacks to dessert.
- Only Vegetarian recipes please. Eggs are allowed though.
- We are looking for fresh entries and learn new recipes in the process hence, no archived or reposed entries please. The post has to be between January 1 and January 31, 2012.
- Multiple entries are welcome. Linking back to this announcement is a must.
- Usage of logo is mandatory as it helps to spread word.
- After posting your recipe just submit your entry to the linkies you will find at the bottom of this post.
- In case you have a problem linking, then send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, recipe name and recipe url with the subject line as Let's Cook: Rice.
- Non bloggers can also participate. Just send me the recipe with a click of the recipe if possible to the above mentioned email.
Labels: Event Announcement, Lets Cook Series