Eggless Chocolate Espresso Cake ~ For Blog Hop Wednesdays

Chocolate Espresso Cake

This is the first time I’m using coffee in a cake though I had wanted to do so for some time now....   Ever since hubby dear who is a coffee addict bought the coffee maker to enjoy his daily cuppa I wanted to play matchmaker to both coffee and chocolate.....     I got my chance during this week when I hopped off to Vidya’s blog for this week’s Blog Hop Wednesdays. I would describe her space as most Picturesque !!!!    If you want to eat with your eyes and feel satiated just by looking into a picture, I would point you to her space without thinking twice about it.



When I followed the recipe trail, I was very happy to note that it is basically a Ina Garten’s Recipe.....    I had already tried a few cakes of hers which I’m yet to blog about and was very much impressed with the outcome of it.
When I set about baking the cake found out that I did not have any eggs. I had no intention of going out in the lashing rain and getting drenched but luckily I had half a can of condensed milk in the fridge so quickly I set about converting it into an eggless one.
Unfortunately while this cake was baking there were frequent power cuts on and off... Crying faceI started worrying about the result of the cake as it had not happened to me previously. I just prayed that it turned out well as I know that my better half would love it very much. Fingers crossed Though the cake was done and perfectly soft and moist as you can see for yourself it was not firm enough which I think could be because of the infrequent baking timings due to the power cut. As I predicted he felt so happy after a bite from the piece that I reserved for him. The rest of the cake was totally gone within minutes shared between the boys and their friends in our apartment as that day was declared holiday for the schools by the Government.


Eggless Chocolate Espresso Cake

Recipe Source : Here.
(Print this Recipe)

 

You’ll need:




Method

Preheat the oven @ 180 Deg C. Prepare a baking tray by greasing with butter and flouring it and keep it ready.

Sieve together dry ingredients like all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt together. Add sugar in the end and whisk well.

In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients like buttermilk, vegetable oil, vanilla essence and condensed milk. The mixture might appear a bit curdled but not to worry.

Slowly mix in the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined. Now beat in the brewed coffee and whisk well.

Pour the batter in the prepared tray and bake for 40-45 min or until a tester comes out clean.

Let the cake cool well in a wire rack before you could slice up and serve. Perfect treat for coffee lovers and also perfect to enjoy with your Cuppa too.


Notes:


This is off to the Blog Hop Wednesdays ~ Week 10 and do take a moment to check our fellow blog hoppers on what they have come up with here. This is also off to Vardhini’s Bake Fest and to Siri’s Healing Foods ~ Vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes hosted by Sridevi.

Labels: , , , , ,