Basic Muffin Recipe | How to bake a Muffin | Step by Step


I have started to love baking muffins. I had been experimenting with muffins for the last month in my endeavor for getting the perfect ones. I think I really did hit it good. They are so perfect, no nonsensical and compact to pack and carry. Aren’t they? 

Arjun’s school prohibits from sending eggs in any form to school and muffins have become a great way not only in packing but also in making his snack time interesting and also he gets to eat egg in one form or the other.


I have started to keep a ready muffin mix in my pantry in a zip lock now-a-days. In the morning all I need to do is mix the wet ingredients and shove into the oven and go about my lunch preparation and the muffins are done in just 20 min. How cool is that?  

Not only the boys pop in 1 or 2 with some jam sauce for their breakfast but the best part is no whining or skipping breakfast complaining of same old boring idlis. Sigh.......


Basic Muffin Recipe 
Makes 12
(Print this Recipe)

You’ll need:

Method: 
Grease the muffin cases with oil or butter and keep it ready. Pre heat the oven @ 200 C. Now off to baking muffins.


Sieve together All purpose flour, baking powder and salt. To this add whole wheat flour and sugar and whisk well. Keep these dry ingredients aside.


In a bowl break an egg and whisk well. To this add milk and melted butter or oil and whisk well. Keep these wet ingredients aside. If you want to add any flavorings like essence add that too before whisking.


Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. 


Start mixing with a spatula till they thicken and start forming into a thick batter. No need to worry of getting rid of the lumps in case you see them forming. Do not over mix.


Gently scoop the thick batter into the greased muffin cups filling them till 3/4th. I sprinkled some brown sugar on the top before sliding them into the oven. 


Bake for 20-30 minutes @ 200 C. Your muffins are done when they spring back to the touch or if a skewer inserted comes out clean. My muffins get done in 25 min but since my kids prefer a crust at the top I keep it on for another 5 min.


There is so much you can do with this basic recipe. Watch for my next posts on how I tweaked and played keeping the basic recipe.


Notes:
This is off to Vardhini's Bake fest and to Khushi's Bake with your heart.

Labels: , , ,