Papad Rolls

Papad Rolls
Arjun loves munching on crunchy Appalams / Papads. I always stock them in the pantry as it is his comfort food. Whenever he his hungry and I come home late from work he will see to his hunger pangs by popping them in Microwave and toasting them for a few seconds. As it is very healthy too I never mind it. This is much more better than the boy munching on chips or wafers. Also the little one gets to operate the Microwave without any fear and I have drummed into him the result of misusing the gadget. I wonder if I would have operated any kitchen gadget with so much ease when I was his age as he does so now. I was so much scared of making a mistake when I first brought it into my Kitchen.

 
Knowing his love for Appalams I bought a pack of spiced papads, which was a big mistake. He hated it. He has become so much used to his Urad dal appalams and vadams that he even refused to taste it. The pack was lying opened in the container for the past month and I was wondering how to put it good use. If you can remember my post of Gulab Jamoons for Arun’s Birthday, he had invited some friends over the Saturday and I found a good way of using up all those pappads. His friends loved it very much and also by my children. This makes a nice snack for a lazy evening.


Pappad Rolls

(Print this Recipe)

You’ll need:

For the Stuffing:
 


Method:

For the Filling:
Pressure cook vegetables. Mash them well when they are still hot to make the job easier. Heat a skillet with 2 tsp oil. Add finely chopped onion, green chillies and sauté till the onions are soft. Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder and cook for a minute.
 
Add the mashed vegetables, crumpled paneer, chopped coriander leaves and salt and mix together. Let it cool. Now add the lemon juice and mix well again and make them into croquettes and keep aside.

To prepare the Pappads:
Fill a plate half way with water. Dip both the sides of pappads in water and hold it up to drain the water. Place it on a board and with your wert hands rub the surface of the pappad, because of the urad dal flour it will be sticky.

How to cook:
Place the prepared croquettes in a corner and roll it like a mattress or as you would for a spring roll while pressing it firmly for the edges to stick well together.

Heat oil in a kadai. Slip them one or two at a time and deep fry them till golden in color and remove on a kitchen paper. Serve piping hot with Tomato Sauce.



Notes:




This is off to my event Winter Carnival and to Siri’s Healing Foods – Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes hosted by Sridevi.

Labels: , ,