Paneer Potato Pops | For Blog Hop Wednesdays

Paneer Potato Pops

It would be an understatement if I say that I eagerly awaited my turn to hop to Suchitra’s blog for the Blog Hop Wednesdays. The blog name is so apt for her space. The total layout and the recipes in the simplest language possible just complement each other and sync well with such perfection. Many of you know that her space had been a launching platform for many newbie bloggers. I was astounded when I found that she had 49 items listed so far under Diwali special. As there is going to be so much of sweets in the week to come, I chose this one as promised to my children that this month would be dedicated for deep fried delights. Trust me when I say that I had been making this for 3 consecutive days since last Saturday on demand. It is such finger licking good. You can find the original recipe here and a heartfelt thanks to her.

 

With the rain and sun playing hide and seek this was so good to have during this weather. Not only my children but my friend’s who had come for a short stay also loved it very much. The first time, I shallow fried the balls into tikkis by pressing the balls slightly between my palms. The second time I baked them by drizzling oil over them. You can also cook these using a paniyaram pan for a low calorie version which is how Suchitra had done. The last time I deep fried them and clicked away happily and all the children loved this version more than the other two.

 

3

Hope you have all completed your Diwali purchases and don’t you think that the air is abuzz with excitement. I’m planning to go to my In-laws place for Diwali and while making these pops I knew what I would make at their place. As the relatives from the surrounding villages will drop by to wish us all, it would be lovely to make bondas from these as paneer is an ingredient that they do not get over there. As each one of us in the household take over one task, I immediately called my MIL and told her that she need not plan for the evening menu and I shall take care of that for her. Won’t it be lovely to have these hot with some tangy and pungent mint chutney ?

 

7

Paneer Potato Pops  (Printable Recipe)

You’ll need:

Method:

Boil the potatoes and mash them well. Dip the bread slices in little water and squeeze out water completely by pressing it well between your palms.

 

In a bowl mix together mashed potatoes, crumpled paneer, finely chopped onion, green chilly, ginger, red chilli  powder, garam masala powder, coriander leaves, lemon juice, salt and a tsp of oil.

 

Make small balls or into any required shape of your choice. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate and roll these balls over them so that they are well coated.

 

Heat oil in a pan and slip them 3 or 4 at a time and deep fry till they are brown in color and remove on a kitchen paper. Serve hot with Tomato Sauce.

 

 

More over do you all know that we, the Blog Hoppers are completing 3 whole months of this Blog hop and not to say that this has been such a learning experience for me. Just see below what all I had made during the previous 6 blog hops. I feel so proud of my own accomplishment.

 

Paneer Tikka Masala

Chocolate Chip Almond Biscotti

Paneer Crescents

Eggless Oats Almonds Cookies

Akkaravadisal

Bread Rolls

 

This is off Blog Hop Wednesdays ~ Week 7 and to Let’s Cook ~ Hibernative Foods. Do take a moment to check here what, all the my other foodie friends have rustled to treat your eyes.

Labels: , , , ,