Chocolate Banana Muffins

Chocolate Banana Muffin Recipe
Bananas are awesome. really… They make any bake to which they are added super duper soft and moist. These Chocolate Banana Muffins are no less either. They are super moist with a rich chocolaty flavor and guess what they have no butter at all but uses vegetable oil and just a handful of ingredients.

Incase you are tired of eating the same old traditional breakfasts, then these muffins are a great way to spruce up your day. They are also good to pack for the kids school snacks box. As it is, the only way I could make Arjun to eat banana is by incorporating them in either in muffins or milkshakes, other wise he runs a mile upon hearing that very word. I have to let 2 or 3 of the bananas to become over ripe from the bunch that hubby usually brings home on weekdays for this purpose alone.

Chocolate Banana Muffin Recipe
Also I had been baking this banana bread quite often now-a-days as I get amazing results always. I do not know about my boys but I had become quite bored of making them so often. In fact I had become so thorough that I could them bake while I sleep walk.

I chanced upon this amazing and simple muffin recipe on Nigella’s space when I was looking for a very simple muffin recipe that had very little ingredients in them. I usually follow any baking recipe to the T, as I’m scared of ruining the whole recipe. But this one is so fool proof and a definite keeper and you can play with the quantity without worrying and get the best result every time.

As you can see for yourself these muffins were super soft and moist and raised so well. My boys loved it so much that I had to bake another batch the next day itself for their friends as they too loved it very much.

Chocolate Banana Muffin Recipe

Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe

Prep time: 10 mins  |  Cook time: 20 mins  |  Makes: 6
Recipe Cuisine: American  |  Recipe Category: Snacks

Ingredients:

  • Bananas – 2
  • All purpose flour – 1 cup
  • Brown sugar, packed – 1/2 cup
  • Eggs – 2
  • Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
  • Baking soda – 1 tsp
  • Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp

Instructions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 200 Deg C (400 F). Grease the muffin pans with oil or butter. I used paper cups and still greased the insides with oil.
  2. Sieve together flour, baking soda, cocoa together and keep it aside.
  3. Mash the bananas well. I used a mixer.
  4. Now add eggs, vegetable oil and sugar one after the other while mixing well after each addition.
  5. To this wet mixture add the sieved dry flour mixture little by little and keep mixing with a spatula to get a thick batter.
  6. Spoon this mixture into the prepared muffin cases and bake for 15-20 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
  7. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
  8. Enjoy as your morning breakfast with a glass of milk or pack for your kids snack box.
Chocolate Banana Muffin Recipe

Notes:

  1. Use over ripe bananas for this muffins. They will taste great.
  2. You can use white granulated sugar instead brown sugar but you will not get the dark color.
  3. Feel free to add vanilla essence if you wish.
  4. Mine were done in exactly 20 mins but I baked for another 5 mins to get a slightly crisp upper crust as my boys love them very much.
  5. Oven timings will vary accordingly.
Chocolate Banana Muffin Recipe
This is off to my Let’s Cook : Scrumptious Breakfasts.

Labels: , , , , , ,