Eggless Banana Loaf / Bread

b2

I am all smiles as I am drafting this post. This particular recipe has got a couple of firsts to its credit. This is the first bread that I am baking and also this happens to be the first baked goody in my new home and kitchen after I shifted residence. As this is the first time I decided to experiment with less quantity to be sure of the results.


b6


You can also see that my first endeavor has come out so well. I never thought it would turn out so well. The smell that spread the house while this bread was getting baked was so awesome.  I used aluminium take away containers as I could not find out where I had placed the box that contained all the bake wares. 

b5
While I was about to toast walnuts for this bread Arjun asked to add tutti fruiti as he loves fruit bread very much. Well, What can I say? I am so glad that I listened to him. It did taste like store bought Fruit bread. Anyways this recipe is a keeper and I am so glad that I mustered enough courage to try out this bread or loaf.


Eggless Banana Loaf
Eggless Banana Loaf / Bread

You’ll need:
All purpose flour
1 1/4 cups
Bananas, ripe
2
Melted Butter
4 tbsp
Fresh curd
2 tbsp
Milk
1/4 cup
Sugar
1 cup
Baking soda
1 tsp
Salt
1/4 tsp
Vanilla essence
1 tsp
Tutti Fruti
1/2 cup


b4


Method:
Preheat the oven to 200 deg C. Prepare a loaf tin by applying butter and keep it ready.

Sieve together flour, salt and baking soda together.

Mash the bananas thoroughly. Now add sugar and yogurt and mix till the sugar dissolves well.  Now it is time for milk and vanilla essence to go in. Mix well.


Add the sieved flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir slowly till everything is combined well.

Finally it is left to tutti frooti to make its entry. Give it a big stir. Pour the batter into the greased loaf tin and bake for 40 – 45 mins or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Mine took exactly 40 minutes to get browned all over.

b3
Guess It is now time for a slice of Banana !!!


Notes:
You can use walnuts instead of Tutti Fruti.
See to that the Bananas are well ripe.
You can replace butter with vegetable oil.
All purpose flour can be replaced with wheat flour.



b1
This is off to Let's Cook : School Break-Time Snacks and to Only Baked and linking it to Any One Can Cook, Healthy Snacks






Labels: , , , , ,