The past few days were so hectic and tiresome. Arjun had his Annual exams added to the high grade fever so that I had to be with him at school, wait for him and then take to the Doctor. He has been advised lots of fluid and a low exposure to sun. Thank God he is now okay and his exams are also over. Hence the delay in announcing this month's series.
As mentioned in the last series I have planned on taking forward this series with from this month based on a theme. For this series's theme I have chosen Chettinad Cuisine.
The mention of Chettinad brings to our mind a larger than life image of its people and their culture. They excelled with their sharp business acumen. Their palatial bungalows, architecture being so unique in nature that they brought into the food as well. A new genre of cuisine has been named after their region. Their local specialty cooking being known well as "Achi Samayal".
Having said all this,let me take thru some guidelines for this event.
1. Cook any recipe of your choice that belongs to the Chettinad region and post it in your blog before 15th April.
2. The recipe can be your own or from any other source be it from another blog, from your friend etc., If you are trying a recipe from another blog, please acknowledge by providing a link to them and write the recipe in your own words.
3. Multiple entries are welcome.4. Only vegetarian recipes please (eggs are allowed).
5. Add a link back to this event announcement. The Logo is a must. Entries without linking your post to this announcement and omission of logo will not be accepted.
6. No archived and reposted entries please. The idea of this event is to scale new horizons and learn many new recipes.
7. Please send me an e-mail to Radhikasubbu@facebook.com with the following details# Name :
# Blog Name :
# Blog URL :
# Recipe Name :
# Recipe link :
# A Click of your recipe
8. Please send in your entries before 15th of April and the round up will be in the following week.
Check out these 2 chettinad recipes from this blog
Chettinad Kalyana Vatral Kulambu
Chettinad Vegetable Kurma
So get set for celebrating with some yummy finger licking Chettinad fare.
Labels: CBB Series, Event Announcement