Paneer Parathas


This is my first shot at food for the blog with my new digicam. I was making paneer paranthas for dinner and Arun commented that I had so far not taken any pictures for the blog. So We all decided that we will click the picture of the very same paranthas that I was making. Arun volunteered to cut the ribbon and so this was clicked by him.


This recipe features either for my kids lunch box or for dinner when I have some left over panner and I run out of time.


PANEER PARANTHAS


You’ll Need:


Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Grated paneer / cottage cheese – 4 tbsp
Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
Kasuri methi – 2 pinch
Salt – to taste
Ghee / clarified butter – to cook
Water – to knead


Method:


Take the flour in a container and add to it salt, paneer, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, kasuri methi, 2 tsp ghee or oil and crumble it well. Add water and knead to a dough. Let it rest for some time.


Make balls from the dough and flatten them using rolling pin into paranthas. Cook over a hot tawa by drizzling with either ghee or oil around it till brown little spots appear on it. Serve hot with any subzi or curds.


You can omit kasuri methi and instead chopped coriander leaves but I believe that kasuri methi adds more flavor to the paranthas.

Labels: , ,