Semiya / Vermicelli Kheer in Microwave

This morning I was hurrying to get ready and was scratching my mind to find something quick to make for friday neiveidhyam during the pooja along with cooking and packing lunches, snacks and breakfast. So I tried this kheer for the first time in microwave though I had done this umpteen number of times in the conventional stove. what more I managed to click a photo of it in the morning rush which is a big deal for me.


Semiya / Vermicelli Kheer in Microwave


You’ll Need:


Semiya / vermicelli - ½ cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 3 cups
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Roasted cashews – 10
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp




Method:


In a microwave proof bowl mix semiya with ghee and microwave at high for a minute mixing it now and then in between till it becomes a golden color. Add milk, mix well and microwave at high for 5 minutes.


Add sugar and mix well. Let it dissolve completely. Then microwave for 3 minutes at high. Now add cardamom powder, roasted cashews and microwave at high for 2 more minutes for all the flavors to blend together. Serve Hot.

Labels: , , , ,